TITLE: Custodian (Work study)
COLLEGE/SCHOOL/DEPT: Physical Plant Maintenance DATE PREPARED:
REPORTS TO: Ezequiel Zuniga FLSA: Non-Exempt
The Custodian performs custodial duties in and around campus facilities; works closely with employees and the public to meet the custodial needs of the area; and resolves problems to ensure efficient and safe operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents Heritage University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Heritage University.
- Upholds the Heritage University Mission Statement.
- Assist other employees to keep a cohesive team atmosphere
- Cleans and maintains floors, walls, windows, carpets, furniture, white-boards.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and fixtures; empties trash containers in accordance with established procedures.
- Responds to service requests, when asked.
- Performs various maintenance and custodial duties
- Operates power equipment and hand tools such as vacuum, broom and mop required for cleaning and custodial maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture.
- Uses ladders when required in work assignments.
10.Replenishes tissue and restroom supplies.
11.Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities.
12.Manually remove snow or debris form sidewalks, stairs, driveways, and entry ways.
13. Handles confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS TO BE DERRIVED BY THE STUDENT:
Learn to manage time and work habits in an efficient manner.
Learn to work well with others for the same common goal and benefit
Learn customer service skills and ethics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
A. Knowledge: Good work ethics
B. Skills: Safely dispose of hazardous materials; identify stains and use proper chemicals for their removal; work effectively in and around the public; perform physical labor; understand and carry out oral and written directions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
C. Abilities: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise. Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions.